Monday, July 22, 2013

PROGRESS IS NEVER LINEAR. . . . 

Seems I am doomed to push forward one day and back-slide the next. Tomorrow is Lesson 5 of my summer swim lessons, will I be ready? Maybe. Felt I did really well at last Thursday's lesson and Friday's practice went 'swimmingly.' Saturday & Sunday did not. Losing momentum and balance I found myself plunging into panic Saturday; not once by twice. Kept trying and trying. Sunday was slightly better but today showed little change. Tomorrow's lesson awaits and I need to sleep well tonight. Less caffeine might help too. Have to get the suit dry; tomorrow I have Jewelry class at 1:30 and swim lesson at 6:15. By noon tomorrow I have to be ready & willing. 

Last Friday we had a 'free' ballroom hour scheduled for 4 p.m., but at 3:45 p.m. we learned that the AC had been on the fritz most of the day and would not be on anytime soon. This morning next-door neighbor tells me her yoga class was in the Auditorium because the AC in the Fitness Studio is still under repair (?), bummer. We are scheduled for Ballroom again on Friday but will the AC be fixed by then?  Who knows?

Sunday I booked a Brunch/Lunch reservation in the Club Dining room because I had left DH alone for dinner 4 nights last week (two meetings back to back Sun/Mon and two evening lessons Tu/Thu). He was getting a little bummed out so I thought Brunch, which we never do, would improve his mood. And I was looking forward to a spurge on pancakes, waffles or something 'breakfast-y' for a change. This time the screw up was mine; we had practiced dance early for 45 minutes, then DH watched the essential Sunday morning news/political TV shows when I should have been dressing. At 11:30 he asks 'are you ready?" Ready? For what? 

Buried in E-mail, online shopping and quilting matters I had totally forgotten about brunch. Fortunately the hair was done, put in my contacts, I changed clothes in four minutes and makeup became optional - not. Big sunglasses can hide a lot. We got to the dining room with 1 minute to spare. Why did we go? The whole buffer was underwhelming, the 'breakfast station' was Eggs Benedict which I am not going to eat (fat & carbs), the melon salad was enjoyed with half a raspberry pastry. Could have had that at home anyway. Next time I think "brunch" it will have to be a posh hotel dining room with Mimosas first. What good is brunch without champagne? 

The online shopping yesterday is my next new thing. Past the age and the strength needed to operate a long-arm quilt machine (very $$$), I opted to order a Flynn Multi-Frame Quilting System. See: Flynn Quilt Frame Company.  The main advantage for me is it's only 48" wide so I can use it at home on on the Art Room studio; true it has none of the digitized-programed patterns and fancy footwork of the big machines but under $200 is not a bad feature either. Adding my own stitching patterns and tracery will be a creative-optional. The instructional video shows the mechanics of putting it together and the trial learning-curve needed. Everything in my life is some degree of a new learning curve (?).  Shipping time will be a couple of weeks - then stand back. Blitz is at it again. 

Plus I have an idea for Jewelry; using plastic water/soda bottles. Sounds crazy, right? Check it out. Bangle Bracelets.  O.K, here we go again.  Stay tuned. 
bb

  

No comments: