Friday, September 7, 2007

End of Week 1

Friday is Molly Maid day, arriving early at 7:30 am, so I downed oatmeal quickly and headed to the UNC Wellness Center. As per P.T. April, I walked for 30 minutes, did some weight machines (3), and headed to the shower. Actually the ONLY reason I even go to the center is for the showers! They are the best.

Then off to Nutritionist Bobbi. Bummer, my weight had not changed in three weeks in spite of weights, counting fats, carbs and protein, doing yoga, Pilate's and aquacise. Double Bummer. I've been told that the process of converting fat to muscle must take place before I can expect to lose any more weight. This 'conversion' stage really sucks.

The major effort today was finding a retailer for Spanx. If you don't know Spanx, you do not watch Oprah (she will not dress up without one). Spanx is a reinvented pantie hose made to 'smooth the posterior' and eliminate the bumps. Just for the Gentleman's Wine Dinner tomorrow night did I make the effort. AND success! Dina Porter at University Mall has them, under a table and out of sight. Got the outfit, got the Spanx, got the shoes polished....next is a manicure and I am still looking at earrings. And men think women have it so easy.

Once home I started a new project. Not really new, but one I have been procrastinating about for some time: sewing a fancy, designer jacket. I have gobs of fabulous fabrics in my stash waiting to be made into something and I keep sewing patches but never finishing anything. Yesterday on the Internet, searching for 'Sewing Patterns," I found: LUTTERLOH'S PATTERN MAKING SYSTEM 'THE GOLDEN RULE'. See lutterloh.com.
Based on the Golden Mean, or Fibonacci number sequence [the Mean number of 1.618"], the system codes body sizes according to two measurements: a)bust and b)hips [applying a 'mean' guide to determine overall proportions and then gauges the shape for each pattern section. I watched a video on-screen demo and suddenly realized - I can do that! With my collection of patterns, the enlargements made from the scanner, all that is left is to take my own measurements and adjust the pattern. Lutterloh's Golden Rule works for ANYbody but I only need the proportion for ME. This afternoon with tape in hand, I measured and measured, taking notes and making diagrams. OK, I do not have a jacket yet, but Step 1 has been done. Sizing the paper pattern will be next.

Motivated by the weigh-in this morning, got in another forty minutes of walking before and during Jeopardy. Tonight was the 'Final College Championship' (a rerun). I missed the same answers that I missed the first time around (?). What do I know? But I did walk 1.5 miles in 40 minutes.

end of week one blogging. How i'm doin'? bb

No comments: